Thursday, January 3, 2008

How Microsoft, Carleton College, and Ethernet Cables Broke the Internet (for me)

Guess who's laptop I'm typing on? You're likely to guess my own, which, in most circumstances, would be true. However, the internet has decided to break-off our wired relationship. Now we just stick to the wireless, I think it's probably for the best.

But seriously, I'm angry, and I'm not sure who to be mad at. Everything worked fine at home and then, at school it's all shit. I'm sorry Al Gore, but my school broke the internet. All fall term I could only use the wireless in the lounge and now I can't even get to the control panel area that manages internet connection without windows explorer encountering an error and restarting.

So. That's a struggle. Now I've given my computer to the tech guys, and I don't really trust them because I used to be one in high school, and I just sat on my ass all day and stole shit whenever possible. Apparently there's one guy there that does just about all the work, and it takes him 3 weeks to get to everything. I guess i'm just gonna go in there on Saturday and ask to fix it myself. Ugh. But seriously, if youve ever encountered this error, when the "Network and Sharing Center" or really any control panel window stops working with Windows Vista, please please help me.

No comments: