Monday, December 24, 2007

Love Lessons from Mr. Spock (Hilarious)



Blessed is the morning sun
That lights
Your smiling eyes

Blessed are your shining eyes

That touch
My warming heart

Blessed is my joyous heart
That beats
Within your love
-------------
These words are for you
To have
To hold
To keep from now on
Forever

I love you
Need you
I need your laughter
I need your love
Need your warmth

Because
I care about you
And
I love you

------------

I know
That there is nothing
in this world
That you wouldn't do
if I asked you to
And I would do
The same for you


That's right, all these and more can be found in the latest and greatest poetry anthology of America's leading science-fiction actor turned romantic poet, Leonard Nimoy. You hear me right, it's A Lifetime of Love: Poems on the Passages of Life by Leonard Nimoy, and it's coming to a bargain book bin near you!


This is not a joke. I found this for $2.99 at my local borders. Contrary to what you may be thinking, I did not buy it for Nimoy's clever wordplay and passionate couplets, I bought it to be one of those books I can keep on my bookshelf at college, the kind of book that is so horrendously awful and pathetically hilarious that whenever anyone notices it, they're going to laugh for about a minute half. Also, I plan on getting drunk and reading it aloud to my roommate. I'm sorry Charlie, that's just how it's going to be. I strongly recommend buying this book, as the laughs it gets will well be worth the $4 you pay for it. And remember, next time you and your love-mate are in the mood, Spock says:


Live long, and prosper. And use a rubber.

No comments: