Friday, December 21, 2007

Once and The Edukators

So I saw the movie Once on the airplane home from Japan, but I really liked so I watched it again two nights ago. Some of the music scenes are so ridiculously awesome that I decided I'd share them with you. This first scene is from when the two main leads first try to play a song together, inside a music store. There's also some other clips from the film spliced in. Enjoy:



Then there's my favorite song from the movie, which I imagined must have required a hundred takes to get right. Then I saw this video of the two main characters performing it live. Note the part where they are just screaming in perfect harmony. Glory.



Okay. So. Now that you're going to the video store to get Once, you should pick up this next film too. It's called The Edukators, and it's a German film that made a pretty big splash at Cannes. It's the kind of movie that can fall apart if you try to point out all the little flaws and improbabilities, but it can be really life-changing if you let it. Here's the trailer:




Cheers.

No comments: